Fitness for all the Family
There are plenty of certified classes out there for example Mum’s and Babies classes or Zumba for Teens. There are also lots of YouTube videos of parents doing Yoga with their kids or getting them involved in home workouts. But fitness doesn't have to mean going to the gym or taking part in a class, or following a structured workout.
There are lots of ways to exercise as a family and make it fun!
- Go to the beach or local park, kick a football about or have a game of badminton or crazy golf.
- Go for a bike ride
- If you have a dog, take it for a long walk!
- Lots of forests and nature reserves now offer interactive trails, for example the Gruffalo Trail at Delamere Forest, so you can go for a walk while having something to keep your little ones interested
- Go to laser quest, or recreate the game at home with nerf guns! You can even add in little “punishments”, for example if you get shot you have to complete 10 star jumps before you can join back in
- Skipping… if you have 2 ropes you can set up a double dutch with 2 people twirling the ropes and the rest of the family taking it in turns to jump. Double dutch can be tricky to get the hang of so it can provide a good laugh!
- If it’s raining outside, you can stay inside and play on interactive video games, for example Just Dance!